Should you decide, you need to be, and are the appropriate individual, to serve and represent a particular group, and set of components, as their leader, you should, seriously consider, analyze, and determine, what you hope to achieve, your personal motives, real motives, and, especially, what you STRIVE to achieve! Quite often, the principal difference between significant leaders, and the rest – of – the – pack, can be measured by the quality, relevance, and sustainability of these motives, and goals. With that in mind, this article will attempt to briefly consider, analyze, review and discuss, using the mnemonic strategy, a number of the essential considerations, and differences.
1. Strengthen; system; solutions; sustainable: Perhaps, the single – largest, necessity, to be a superior leader, is the focus on, and determination to, strengthen the group, and leave it stronger, after one’s tenure, then when assuming any position! One must create an easy – to – replicate/ duplicate, relevant system, which concentrates on seeking viable solutions, as opposed to merely blaming others, or complaining! These notions must be, both, truly relevant, and sustainable, focused on bringing the team, represented, into the future, in a meaningful, effective way!
2. Timely: Never procrastinate, or put off things, merely due to concern, for personal comfort, or convenience, or to avoid being blamed! Quality leaders must proceed, consistently, in a well – considered, timely manner!
3. Relevant; reactive; accountable; realistic: True leaders consider the risk, versus the rewards, in a responsible, realistic manner, and concentrate on the best way to move, rather than the path of least resistance! Only if one commits, to providing relevant, responsive leadership, will he make a substantial difference, for the better.
4. Proceed, with the well – designed, imagination, to provide relevant thoughts, by considering, outside – the – box, choices and alternatives!
5. Views; eyesight; value; worth: A leader must possess insights and perspectives, which align with the vital, vibrant vision of the particular organization, along with the values, it represents! Leaders only attract followers, when they address, both, the actual and perceptual concepts, of providing meaningful, relevant value!
6. Empathy; emphasis; endurance; excellence; evolving: Times evolve, and sustainable organizations must always be, evolving, in a relevant, sustainable way! One has to be ready, willing and able, to listen, far more than talking, and learn from every conversation and expertise, in order to proceed with genuine, essential, empathy! When one’s emphasis, is combined with the endurance to pursue, the highest degree of personal excellence, a leader is born!
Actual leaders STRIVE to make a significant difference, for the better!